This page is a repository of my academic information. Many of these articles are of a highly technical nature. They are specifically intended for medical education, not general patient information. Nevertheless, they are a good information resource and remain freely downloadable.
These documents were specifically prepared for medical and allied medical students at the University of the Witwatersrand, where I am an honorary lecturer. They essentially represent all the information I consider necessary for basic medical education. They are complete and comprehensive for examination purposes. These are all PDF downloads. Get Adobe Reader Here
For Medical Students and Allied Medical Students
Choose the notes that are applicable to your course!
- GEMP Suture Skill Notes (2016 Update). These notes are more printer friendly. See My You Tube Channel for Suturing Basics Videos. The Suturing Skills eBook (PDF 3.3MB) is almost identical to the printer notes, but contains more images and hyperlinks. Download by clicking the link. Its Free !!
- GEMP and PHYSIO/OT Adult Wound Healing Notes. These notes are easier to print. The Wound Healing eBook (PDF 3.08MB) is now also available for Download and contains enhanced pictures, graphics and hyperlinks !
- GEMP and PHYSIO/OT Burn Reconstuction Notes (2016 Update). These notes are the printer friendly version. The Burn Reconstruction eBook contains the enhanced version.
- PHYSIO/OT An Introduction to Medicine & Surgery for Allied Medical Students. These notes are provided as an introductory overview into the “who’s who” of medicine and surgery.
- GEMP Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
- GEMP Melanoma. These are printer friendly and very comprehensive notes.
- GEMP Malignant Melanoma – How to check and when to cut. These are a more practice oriented set of notes.
- GEMP – Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer – BCC and SCC. Another set of printer friendly and highly comprehensive notes.
- GEMP – Vascular Anomalies. Never again be confused about the difference between a haemangioma and a capillary malformation. Printer friendly and very comprehensive.
- GEMP Surgical Management of Breast Cancer
What is a #Tweenote? This communication tool was invented by South African Journalist Arthur Goldstuck (Twitter: @art2gee). It encapsulates the 10 most important facts about a topic in a series of 140 character tweets, totaling 1440 characters, spaces included. These #Tweenotes provide a concise, refined overview, which can be read in a matter of seconds.
- Top 10 Melanoma Facts – A #Tweenote
- The Top 10 Botox Facts – A #Tweenote
- The Top 10 Cancer facts – Multiple #Tweenotes
- WHASA Consensus Document of Topical Negative Pressure Dressings. Go to the Wound Healing Association of South Africa (WHASA) Website Here
- For AMCSA 2015 delegates : Phi Proportions in Facial Aesthetics (PDF). This PDF download contains several methods of examining the Golden Ratio in facial proportions.