Aesthetic Medicine (Non Surgical Treatments)
Medical aesthetics is a branch of the ever-expanding field of aesthetics, where non-surgical (or less invasive) procedures are used for aesthetic improvement. The mainstays of the field include Botox, Fillers and Fat Injection, Chemical peels, Energy based devices, Micro needling and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
This field is one of the fastest growing aspects of medicine presently and overall the market has shown 6% annual growth. The top procedures in medical aesthetics in America are shown below.
- Botulinum toxin type A (Botox) – More than 8 million procedures per year
- Soft tissue fillers – Over 2 million procedures per year
- Chemical peels – More than 1 million procedures per year
- Laser hair removal – 1 million procedures annually
Personally, I offer my patients the follow medical aesthetics treatments.
- Botox (Allergan Botulinum Toxin Type A)
- Juvederm (Allergan) Fillers
- Fat injections (using the Coleman Technique)
- Chemical Peels (Glycolic and TCA up to 20%)
- Pellevé (Radiofrequency)
- Microneedling (Environ FocusCIT)
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Check out these pages as well